Oddities Along the Way
• Judge in the 1983 and 1984 Miss America Pageants
• Subject of two ”Talk of the Town” pieces in the New Yorker
• Subject of a ”Publisher’s Letter” in People with President George H.W. Bush
• Appeared as a guest on “Larry King Live”
• Featured in a Hasselblad camera advertising campaign with the slogan: “Christopher Little used a Hasselblad to photograph Isabella Rossellini”
• Featured in the Polaroid Corporation ad campaign to promote the world’s largest professional photography competition
• Featured in a Nikon promotional video tape
Yale, B.A. in Psychology, 1971, The Hotchkiss School, 1967, The Buckley School, 1963.
- Freelance Photography: 1972-2011
- Photographer of over 300 magazine and book covers
- Principal Photographer of 11 books
- Travel: All 50 states and 77 countries
- Present: Working on a novel
Published in most major magazines and newspapers including Time, Newsweek, People, Life, The New York Times, New York Magazine, Vanity Fair, Elle, Entertainment Weekly, Men’s Journal, Esquire, GQ, Forbes, Money, Business Week, Self, Architectural Record, Architectural Digest, Progressive Architecture, House Beautiful, House & Garden, TV Guide, Family Circle, Cosmopolitan, McCalls, Town & Country, The New York Times Magazine, Cruising World, National Geographic World, Stern, Bunte, Paris Match
Official Photographer to His Highness the Aga Khan (1980-1983). Traveled nearly a quarter of a million miles with the Aga Khan—trips which included the following countries: China, Yemen, Senegal, Mali, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, Pakistan, India, The Seychelles, Indonesia, Ireland, England, Italy, Switzerland, and France.
Corporate Clients: The Mount Sinai Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Medical Center, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York University Medical Center, SUNY Purchase, Big Apple Circus, ABC Television Network, CBS Television Network, WNBC, Lifetime Cable Television Network, United States Information Agency, Polaroid, Hasselblad, Merck, Dreyfus, Philip Morris, Paramount Pictures, Simon & Schuster, The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, Cornell University, Six Flags Great Adventure Theme Parks, Lazard Frères & Co., Pediatric Aids Foundation, Children’s Aid Society, and Time-Warner.
Photographer of The Mount Sinai Medical Center’s Annual Reports: 1984-1996, the Annual Reports for Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center: 1991-1994, and the Annual Reports for The SUNY Health Science Center, 1994 and 1996.
Exhibitions: Yale School of Art and Architecture, (group show) 1972. Boston Public Library (group show), 1985. Nikon House (group show), 1985. Municipal Art Society, New York, 1985. International Center of Photography/Midtown, 1985. Detroit Institute of Arts (group show), 1986. Midland Center for the Arts (group show), 1986. Dallas Museum of Art (group show), 1988. National Museum of American History, Washington, D.C., (group show), 1988. Cincinnati Art Museum (group show), 1988. Center for the Arts, Miami, (group show), 1989. Museum of Science & Industry, Chicago, (group show), 1989. Nikon House (group show), 1989. Phoenix Art Museum, (group show), 1990. San Diego Museum of Art, (group show), 1990. Norfolk Library, 1994. Penobscot Marine Museum, 1994. On-line one-man show on CompuServe, 1995. Colebrook Historical Society, 1999, Norfolk Library, 2008, Colebrook Historical Society, 2010.